> If memory serves though, all the *really* interesting stuff starts with
> venture scouts, which is mixed gender.

At least where I grew up, that was called Explorer Scouts and accepted
teenagers of either gender. I was part of (and briefly led) an
Explorer Scouts group which focused on Sailing and Boating (aka Sea
Scouts).

It was mostly guys but we had several girls who would show up for
meetings and monthly events. Some guys would bring their girlfriends
when we'd go sailing and camp out overnight on an island but most of
the girls were simply into sailing like the rest of us.

When your girls get old enough, you should find (or start) a similar
group in your area.

Wayne