I mean that the JVM isn't "special" in deployment - there are many
other systems that have to be dealt with - but it is one of the most
problematic.

The explanations to do with GC implementation make sense - that is
fine - but that doesn't mean it has to be like that for ever (as Azul
are showing, and I am sure others will).