Hi, I downloaded Ed Sharp and after some adjustments, I am now able to read text files. Thanks!
Jo Luland
----- Original Message ----- From: "G.W. Cox" <gwc...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Requesting help with text files

You may want to try Ed Sharp here
http://www.blind-computing.com/editing/editors.php

It's a text editor with Jaws scripts.
----- Original Message ----- From: "jo luland" <jolul...@verizon.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:39 PM

Does anyone know why I can't read a text file? I'm using JAWS 10 with Service Pack 3 and every time I open a text file, JAWS reads nothing. I've tried converting some to a Word document, but this doesn't always work. This situation began when I was using JAWS 9 and continues now in JAWS 10. I'm pretty sure it's something that can be easily remedied through the Configuration Manager. I just don't know where to look and what to look for. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jo Luland
----- Original Message ----- From: "tim" <z200...@gmail.com>