To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Computer advice.

Hi Steve,

While the specs are nice, although those specs are the bare minimum in my
opinion, the fact is, if you're going to run Jaws 11 on a computer running
Windows 7 64 bit edition, there is absolutely no point in using that
computer unless it's got at least 4 gigs of RAM, otherwise the thing will be
slower than molasses.

If she wanted a slow computer, she might as well keep the one she has and
save her money.

A second point I would make is that a 320 gig hard drive will become
obsolete in less than three months, if they aren't already, so why pay all
that money for something that will be obsolete in less than three months.

The minimum one can get just in a laptop alone is 500 gigs, unless one is
getting a net book, in which case, the biggest I've seen is a 250 hard
drive, and these are solid state drives, so, again, why would she pay 250
dollars for a computer that only has 2 gigs of RAM and a 320 gig drive, it
wouldn't make sense.

Heck, if I'm not mistaken, with all the features of Windows 7, the darn OS
will fill that 320 gigger in a matter of days.  Smile.

In any case, at the very least, if she isn't planning on upgrading in the
near future, then I would definitely say that using a computer with those
specs and running Jaws 11 64 bit edition would just make using the computer
way too tedious.

Scorpio