My big issue with trying to get help through these issues when interviewing, or my one medical transcription internship I did get through awhile ago is where to tell DVR to call to have someone maybe write some scripts for the things that did otherwise require sighted assistance. I live in Wisconsin, and some of this seems like uncharted territory. I could give them out of state places found on blind programming, but it didn't seem like DVR wanted to bring them in.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John R Vaughn" <jrvaugh...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Trapeze Booking Software

Jerry, to follow up on your question, the usual test is reasonable
accommodation and the reasonable accommodation to mitigate the problem.
That said, logically, any company covered by federal and state law for
making the work place accessible, when purchasing software and hardware
should write into the purchase specifications that it must be accesseble.
However, our federal government is probably one of the largest offenders of
not purchasing software and hardware that is accessible.  And the federal
government is the responsibility of the President and Congress.
As I noted, the only thing we can do is work with the prospective employer
to see if scripts can be written to work around problems. And I think many
employers are fully supportive of this to retain or get a good employee.
Although assistive technology like Jaws has helped the blind, every time we
turn around, something that was accessible is no longer accessible because
of some change in software or hardware.
And unfortunately, we all must master our access technology like Jaws
because sometimes we can come up with solutions that are already within the
capability of jaws.
Good luck to all who are still of working age.  And thanks to all who are
working to make the promise of technology a reality.
John