It is all about learning what terms to use. Use the language of the computer and it seems to get really good. I'm finding that I use Search more and more for things I know what I'm looking for. No quotes or any other symbol or your computer will look for those.

For me, it is much easier to start typing Music, Excel, Word, Notepad, ... than go hunting around in the programs or other places or even repeated Highlighted letters. On my computer, for example, Notepad can be found with NO or NOT always. Just don't get frustrated and keep trying to learn the language.

-----Original Message----- From: Trish
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:04 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] start menu search box?

I'd like to chime in on this thread concerning the search box issue. I just
need some clearification on using this thang. I know I guess it's geared to
try to figure out what it thinks you want to search for, but most of the
time it's results are all wrong. How do you tell it your in control of the
search item and not the computer to type in something to search and then do
I just press enter there or maybe should I tab to an ok button? Are there
tricks to mastering this search box field to get what you want? Maybe put it
in quotes or something?

Trish
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kliphton" <kliph...@gmail.com>