The problem is that you can tab or arrow into a subRibbon, if you could call it that, and the opposite keystroke such as a shift leftarrow or shift tab does not bring you back to where you were when you used the keystroke that got you into that subRibbon. If I go too far north along a sidewalk, I expect to be able to accurately retrace my steps to get back to where I made the error in judgment.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florl...@iol.ie>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Ribbons Navigation

Mike,

I'll try this in general brief but rough summary, dealing with the idea of it. You're familiar with tab controls? The different pages (ctrl+tab) you get in multi-page dialog boxes? Well, ribbons are much the same as them. You can also right- or left-arrow between each of them. Now you have lower ribbons, or sub-ribbons, which will be accessed through their parent ribbons - often down-arrow from such if there's a sub-or lower-ribbon present on an option. The JAWS Virtual Ribbons are not the real Ribbons, and indeed, in some cases they rearrange many things in the structure and leave other things out. Another way to regard them is as if they were toobars activated with buttons. (You may recall Excel had plenty of those.)

Now the good news is that there are many, many hot keys associated with the items in the Ribbons, that can be activated. However, it does take longer to accomplish a task i.e., more keystrokes, that formerly used to be a quite simple structural through the menu approach. Things are now more layered than they were, i.e. more vertical rather than linear.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike B." <mb69ma...@charter.net>