didn't work Mike. I downloaded (saved) and executed
setup-vipre-internet-security-en-us.exe.
after the usual installation warning, responding to the UAC and JAWS talking, the end result:

VIPRE Setup
Good News!
We checked and you are already up to date.
Periodically checking for updates is
one more way you can protect
yourself from malware.
Close

after a few seconds:
Program Compatibility Assistant
This program might not have installed correctly
If this program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are
compatible with this version of Windows.
Program: VIPRE Setup
Publisher: ThreatTrack Security, Inc
Location: C:\Downl...\=setup-vipre-internet-security-en-us.exe
Reinstall using recommended settings
This program installed correctly
Cancel
What settings are applied?
the version is still 7.0.6.2.

according to a support article, it says to uninstall first, but I think this applies to having other security products like Norton, McAfee, etc?