On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 06:50 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Venkat Reddy wrote:
>
> > Thats good news. Just wondering - After this release, how far are we
> > from complete support for JAXB 1.0? I know the release notes will have
> > this info, but just being curious :-)
>
> Miles - JAXB is one of the most complex and large specifications. For
> example, apart from JSP, it is far more complex and large than the
> servlet specification.
>
> Things that are clearly missing:
>
> - Bindings via an external file (the jaxb:foo instructions aren't
>    read from the schema itself, but from an external file with
>    XPath-like instructions)
> - Support for xs:key and xs:unique
> - Support for xs:any and xs:anyType
> - Support for groups with muliplicity > 1.
>    (Ok, that's in the works and should be finished as soon as I find
>    about 20-30 hours within a short time frame.)
>
> And all of the above assumes that "we did it right". Something that will
> be in question as soon as we are able to put our hands on a TCK.

it will take a lot of energy. the time factor depends on the number of
developers willing to lend a hand.

my energy for jaxme's pretty low these days (and it's never been
particularly high): i've just got too many other projects requiring
attention. i'm happy to lend a hand where i can with matter i know about
(for example, mavenisation) but (realistically) that's about it. i will
try to squeeze some time in to finish that tutorial i've been writing
for ever.

if there are developers with energy out there who are willing to step up
and learn the code then JAXB compliance is a realistic goal. i'm sure
all the current committers are ready and willing to offer all the
assistance they can to anyone who steps up. any takers?

- robert