I volunteer to mavenize jaxme and my first impression is that I agree that it'd be better to go with maven1 first. From the maven web site, moving to maven2 shouldn't be too difficult. I haven't used maven2 at all though.

However, as suggested in http://maven.apache.org/reference/conventions.html the project layout should be changed. From what I've seen the directory structure would also fit with maven2.

My opinion would be that jaxme sources would be the top level project and api, js, xs and pm 4 subprojects. Something like:

/
+- src/
|  +- main/
|  |  +- java/
|  |  +- resources/
|  +- test/
|  |  +- java/
|  |  +- resources/
+- target/
+- xdoc/
+- project.xml
+- README.txt
+- LICENSE.txt
+- projects/
| +- api/ | | +- src/
|  |  |  +- main/
|  |  |  |  +- java/
|  |  |  |  +- resources/
|  |  |  +- test/
|  |  |  |  +- java/
|  |  |  |  +- resources/
|  |  +- target/
|  |  +- xdoc/
|  |  +- project.xml
|  |  +- README.txt
|  |  +- LICENSE.txt
|  +- js/
|  +- pm/
|  +- xs/

Any thoughts? Should we move to svn before? Should there be a new maven folder on cvs for this?

nacho