Just to add that hammering the lock table (for example doing thousands of file
opens in a short period of time) under 5.2.x on Windows 'seems' to cause
locking to lose its way, regardless of file type.

-----Original Message-----
From: jbase@googlegroups.com [mailto:jbase@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of adrian
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 4:54 PM
To: jBASE
Subject: Re: jbase problems show-items-locks

Jim,

Thanks for your reply, what is happening is that when these blank keys locks
show in show-item-locks the throughput of the system is hit bady. Also noticed
that the more locks a transaction makes then the blank keys start appearing.

Is is then the problem that the JR files group lock?

Never seen blank keys before unless there is a bug in the code, but this is
happening for almost all T24 applications (high volume) loads, with  more than
4 file locks.

We are using mostly JR type files with some J4 files.

AA