yOn Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Jason Dillon wrote:

> > On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Jason Dillon wrote:
> >
> > > What are you talking about?  build.sh makes no assumptions about the users
> > > classpath and sets it up correctly to use the jars from tools/lib.
> >
> > There are no jars whatsoever in jboss cvs.  Please, don't just assume
> > something.
>
> Ok, now I am really confused.  There are .jar files in the 2.4 and MAIN cvs
> modules for jboss, jboss-all/thirdparty and jboss-all/tools.  They are
> required to build the sources and produce a runnable JBoss distribution.

adam@gradall:~/brainfood/jboss/cvs/jboss$ find -name '*.jar'
./src/bin/BeanCacheMonitorJMS.jar
./src/bin/BeanCacheMonitorJMX.jar

> > build.sh does NOT handle the planet57 stuff.  Please read what I said, again,
> > 3 times, then read it again.
>
> Of course it does.  That is what it does; it sets up the environment so that
> the build will have the correct classpath and environment variables to run
> correctly.

Ok.  This is fucking annoying.  Are you stupid, or moronic?

===
adam@gradall:~/brainfood/jboss/cvs/jboss$ cat build.sh
#!/bin/sh
### ====================================================================== ###
##                                                                          ##
##  This is the main entry point for the build system.                      ##
##                                                                          ##
##  Users should be sure to execute this file rather than 'ant' to ensure   ##
##  the correct version is being used with the correct configuration.       ##
##                                                                          ##
### ====================================================================== ###

# $Id: build.sh,v 1.8 2001/09/12 00:49:55 user57 Exp $

PROGNAME=`basename $0`
DIRNAME=`dirname $0`
GREP="grep"
ROOT="/"

# Ignore user's ANT_HOME if it is set
ANT_HOME=""

# the default search path for ant
ANT_SEARCH_PATH="\
    tools
    tools/ant \
    tools/apache/ant \
    ant"

# the default build file name
ANT_BUILD_FILE="build.xml"

# the default arguments
ANT_OPTIONS="-find $ANT_BUILD_FILE"

# the jaxp parser to use
if [ "x$JAXP" = "x" ]; then
    # Default to crimson
    JAXP="crimson"
fi

#
# Helper to complain.
#
die() {
    echo "${PROGNAME}: $*"
    exit 1
}

#
# Helper to source a file if it exists.
#
maybe_source() {
    for file in $*; do
        if [ -f "$file" ]; then
            . $file
        fi
    done
}

search() {
    search="$*"
    for d in $search; do
        ANT_HOME="`pwd`/$d"
        ANT="$ANT_HOME/bin/ant"
        if [ -x "$ANT" ]; then
            # found one
            echo $ANT_HOME
            break
        fi
    done
}

#
# Main function.
#
main() {
    # if there is a build config file. then source it
    maybe_source "$DIRNAME/build.conf" "$HOME/.build.conf"

    # try the search path
    ANT_HOME=`search $ANT_SEARCH_PATH`

    # try looking up to root
    if [ "x$ANT_HOME" = "x" ]; then
        target="build"
        _cwd=`pwd`

        while [ "x$ANT_HOME" = "x" ] && [ "$cwd" != "$ROOT" ]; do
            cd ..
            cwd=`pwd`
            ANT_HOME=`search $ANT_SEARCH_PATH`
        done

        # make sure we get back
        cd $_cwd

        if [ "$cwd" != "$ROOT" ]; then
            found="true"
        fi

        # complain if we did not find anything
        if [ "$found" != "true" ]; then
            die "Could not locate Ant; check \$ANT or \$ANT_HOME."
        fi
    fi

    # make sure we have one
    ANT=$ANT_HOME/bin/ant
    if [ ! -x "$ANT" ]; then
        die "Ant file is not executable: $ANT"
    fi

    # specify the jaxp parser impls to use
    case "$JAXP" in
        crimson)
            JAXP_DOM_FACTORY="org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"
            JAXP_SAX_FACTORY="org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"
            ;;

        xerces)
            JAXP_DOM_FACTORY="org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"
            JAXP_SAX_FACTORY="org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"
            ;;
    esac

    if [ "x$JAXP_DOM_FACTORY" != "x" ]; then
        ANT_OPTS="$ANT_OPTS
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=$JAXP_DOM_FACTORY"
    fi
    if [ "x$JAXP_SAX_FACTORY" != "x" ]; then
        ANT_OPTS="$ANT_OPTS -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=$JAXP_SAX_FACTORY"
    fi

    # change to the directory where the script lives so users are not forced
    # to be in the same directory as build.xml
    cd $DIRNAME

    export ANT ANT_HOME ANT_OPTS
    exec $ANT $ANT_OPTIONS "$@"
}

##
## Bootstrap
##

main "$@"
===

> What?  Last I checked build.sh works fine.  How are you building?  Where did
> you get your sources from?  What platform/os version are you using?  What
> version of the JDK are you using?

anonymous checkout of module jboss.  ./build.sh fails.

Debian linux unstable.  j2sdk1.3.