On 2001.11.14 23:54:00 -0500 Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, David Jencks wrote:

> the
> > > users
> > >
> > > There are no jars whatsoever in jboss cvs.  Please, don't just assume
> > > something.
> >
> > ???????????????????????????
> > http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jboss/tools/lib/
> > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > did you checkout jboss-all?
>
> No, and I will not.
>
> jboss-all tries to build a unified, easy to install jboss *suite*.
> Debian
> does the same thing.

Then you are insisting on wasting your time and the time of everyone on
this list.  You will only get the correct cvs versions of the entire jboss
server by checking out jboss-all.  The server (looks like jboss in cvs) is
only a small part of jboss and will not build or be of any use to anyone,
even debian fanatics, by itself.

Checking out jboss-all is different from using the build system.  I can't
imagine why you want to duplicate the work done to put together the current
build system, and doubt anyone will want to maintain it separately if you
do.

The relationship between the build.xml file in build and those in the other
modules is similar to the system of makefiles in which each directory has
its own makefile and calls those in subdirectories.  Do you rewrite make
systems to avoid this kind of unified, easy to use packaging?

david jencks