Snip ...

> You mean no url provider, but jndi.properties (=environment)? OK. But I
> can't live with global jndi.properties. I need them on a per *-ref basis,
> because the components I connect are spreaded across several different
> application servers.

It would seem that you would still want a global JNDI directory with 1
point of entry. This could be a JNDI  mbean that does nothing else than
sit infront of all of your other application servers and keeps
references to all the other beans in the other applcation severs JNDI
directories. When a request came in it could lookup the actual
reference, wrap in up in a proxy and hand it back. The proxy would then
know which application server it would talk to.

I think hard coding aliases into *-refs is a bad idea. It would be a
maintence nightmare. A global lookup location would be way easier. So
your jndi.properties would only have to get you to the global JNDI
directory at boot time. These properties could change based on each
client logging in and loading a profile.

Crawling back under my rock ...