> Yes. But if we need to bootsrap the jndi communication, we can skip this
> jndi lookup and just send the create invocation to the invoker. How the
> invokers can be accessed must either be "wellknown" or somehow configured
> on the client.

yes, the problem is that I am not sure (in fact I am pretty sure that it is
not possible with RMI/JRMP) that it is possible to have "well-known" ports
for a very simply reason: SocketFactory can be set for the RMI invoker on
the server side for example. If I remember well, this well-known thing is
possible  with CORBA.

> Please, please tell me, for what do we need server side jndi content on
> the client?

?!? MyHome home = ctx.lookup (MyHome.JNDI_NAME); ?!?

Do I understand your question?