>you *are* crying.  Look there are really 3 ways to get seriously into
>the codebase.

No, I am not.  Trust me.

>1- Go dig bugs.  You can't imagine the number that still come out of the
>blue saying "bug here, fixed".  JBoss is not a magical whole with a
>magic formula where TADA you know it all. It is a collection of loosely
>coupled modules and some of the problems are skin deep.  Fixing bugs is
>the simplest way

This is an overview not available to those in the position I outlined.

>2- Buy the documentation (development). In fact that doco is really
>targeted at you guys, you can read all of it to know everything that is
>going on module by module.

Been there, did that.  The documentation was unfinished, blah, blah,
without pre-advertising the fact, and not helpful.

>3- Come to a training and get certified.  Let's face it the only way you
>are going to spend a week solid learning about JBoss is if you take a
>week off and train yourself.  That is also how we make our living so
>really it is the best solution for everyone.

I realize you want to make money via training.  I wouldn't mind the trips
myself, etc., etc.  I have wondered if you have decided to keep things dark
for that purpose.  If I had the bucks to toss around, believe me I would do
that, because I like to code more than I like to drink and to fish.  I love
coding.

>FYI I gave 2 passwords RW JUST today, one to a person working on the XA
>stuff with David (bug fixing and good work) and the other one to a star
>student of the palma training who had already submitted 3 fixes and
>showed great understanding (shouldn't say "student" since michael is
>probaly 40 :).  Both are extremelly promising and producing top code.

That is great.  I could do well with a bit of training too.

>So stop crying, I am totally unimpressed by your "story", just get going
>and do it, there are many ways to get in.

Yah, I know if I want to "dedicate" myself to JBoss, that can be done.  I
have to decide in my training where I put my priorities.  If the JBoss
thing is going to take a lot of initial bucks for a lot of initial effort
to get over a hump that could be easy down the line, with other things, I
will wait.

>Get in, I hope to see you at the next hosted training.
>
>marcf

I would like to be at the next hosted training, scholarships (?). I would
almost be willing to bet you the price of admission that I would be the
best student, but my arrogance has been diluted a bit over the
years.  Thanks for taking the time on this, I guess.  But, on the crying
thing, screw you too.

Micael