Micael,

I started on JBoss about a year and a half ago and there was almost no
usable documentation, so I just read the code.  It is very simple and
fairly logical (except mine :) ).

Are you interested in working on some part of the server?  If you are,
send me a email and I'll tell you where the code can be found.

-dain

micael wrote:

>> you *are* crying.  Look there are really 3 ways to get seriously into
>> the codebase.
>

> No, I am not.  Trust me.
>
>> 1- Go dig bugs.  You can't imagine the number that still come out of the
>> blue saying "bug here, fixed".  JBoss is not a magical whole with a
>> magic formula where TADA you know it all. It is a collection of loosely
>> coupled modules and some of the problems are skin deep.  Fixing bugs is
>> the simplest way
>

> This is an overview not available to those in the position I outlined.
>
>> 2- Buy the documentation (development). In fact that doco is really
>> targeted at you guys, you can read all of it to know everything that is
>> going on module by module.
>

> Been there, did that.  The documentation was unfinished, blah, blah,
> without pre-advertising the fact, and not helpful.
>
>> 3- Come to a training and get certified.  Let's face it the only way you
>> are going to spend a week solid learning about JBoss is if you take a
>> week off and train yourself.  That is also how we make our living so
>> really it is the best solution for everyone.
>

> I realize you want to make money via training.  I wouldn't mind the
> trips myself, etc., etc.  I have wondered if you have decided to keep
> things dark for that purpose.  If I had the bucks to toss around,
> believe me I would do that, because I like to code more than I like to
> drink and to fish.  I love coding.
>
>> FYI I gave 2 passwords RW JUST today, one to a person working on the XA
>> stuff with David (bug fixing and good work) and the other one to a star
>> student of the palma training who had already submitted 3 fixes and
>> showed great understanding (shouldn't say "student" since michael is
>> probaly 40 :).  Both are extremelly promising and producing top code.
>

> That is great.  I could do well with a bit of training too.
>
>> So stop crying, I am totally unimpressed by your "story", just get going
>> and do it, there are many ways to get in.
>

> Yah, I know if I want to "dedicate" myself to JBoss, that can be done.
> I have to decide in my training where I put my priorities.  If the JBoss
> thing is going to take a lot of initial bucks for a lot of initial
> effort to get over a hump that could be easy down the line, with other
> things, I will wait.
>
>> Get in, I hope to see you at the next hosted training.
>>
>> marcf
>

> I would like to be at the next hosted training, scholarships (?). I
> would almost be willing to bet you the price of admission that I would
> be the best student, but my arrogance has been diluted a bit over the
> years.  Thanks for taking the time on this, I guess.  But, on the crying
> thing, screw you too.
>
> Micael

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dain Sundstrom