> I think for simplicity we should have only stateless
> interceptors, any interceptor can store per-stack state in a
> the stack top in a hashmap.
>
> I rewrote the mbean interceptors this way, it works fine, but
> then juha committed a completely different reimplementation.

David there is no reason to enforce one. We need both coding styles it
is easier.  I don't think it is easier to always code

invocation.getValue("COMMIT-OPTION");

as opposed to

commitOption

when the commit option is configured at deployment.  Clearly we can
achieve the same result but there is we shouldn't enforce one.

> the stack top keyed by interceptor. --one model of
> interceptors jboss-wide
> are essential.

not really.  In fact it is a minor point.  It is one of these things
were you can achieve the same thing with 2 different coding styles and
there is no reason to enforce one over the other.  It is an artificial
decision.  In fact if you think about it you will realize that we have
no business in deciding this bit of the coding practice.

The clear difference is
1- If you need the client to send the information then clearly you need
the stateless stuff
2- if you don't, don't.

marc f