None of the JBG supporters has written everything by himself.
This is of course a matter of control and organization, which
you do very well as "master of the tree".
I wont let everybody do everything, but if somebody wants to
contribute "in the right direction" he should not be blocked.

OTOH if somebody would insist to commit something you dont want
to go in and he refuses to restrain himself this is another
question. In the end you'll have to protect jbg (and jboss)
from sabotage.

I cannot judge about what happend in Andy's case; most of the
discussion fortunately seems to have happened in private mail.
I just want to get rid of the doubt that something went wrong
due to political reasons. Otherwise contributors might come to
the conclusion that they support jbg, not the jboss community.

So I simply wanted to provoke some clarifications; a little
bit of meta-discussion might be ok on this list and of interest
for other contributors, too.

Regards,
Michael Bartmann

PS.: The forum would be ok for me, simply tell me where to go...

Scott M Stark wrote:
Development and support are not separable. Do you let anyone modify
code you support? This discussion needs to move the forums. Marc
will take it up tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
Chief Technology Officer