Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not 6:35A.M, it's 6 hours and 35 minutes
running time, and it doesn't matter when I start JBoss, but you can set your
clock by when the JVM will fail after you've started it.  I'm sure there's a
JVM problem with SCO's implementation, but unfortunately, there's nothing I
can do about that, <sarcasm>SCO being such an awesome
implementation</sarcasm>.  I was hoping that someone could say something
like, "oh yeah, JBoss does <whatever> at about that time", and I'd have a
place to go to try to make a temporary workaround in the JBoss code.  It
could be that the JVM is doing something itself, but if so, it's still
related somehow to JBoss (or Tomcat, I suppose), since we have other Java
programs that run longer than 395 minutes.

But thanks again for the try!
Jim