Not sure whether this will help, but here are a couple of
suggestions ... Write a thread which dumps memory usage,
calls System.gc() and dumps the time it takes into a file
every 10 seconds or so. This might tell you whether the
gc makes the JVM die. Next step is to implement a "state logging"
singelton into which you call whenever you enter/leave "suspect
parts" of the code and make the thread dump the state as well
continously ... this might help to narrow it down.

Does the crash depend on load, is it always after thye _exact_
same amount of time?

Overall yours is a pretty nasty problem, as you'll have to
wait 6 hours to see whether it makes a difference |-(

Good luck.

R.