On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 02:42:43PM -0700, Jim Brownfield wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not 6:35A.M, it's 6 hours and 35 minutes
> running time, and it doesn't matter when I start JBoss, but you can set your
> clock by when the JVM will fail after you've started it.  I'm sure there's a
> JVM problem with SCO's implementation, but unfortunately, there's nothing I
> can do about that, <sarcasm>SCO being such an awesome
> implementation</sarcasm>.  I was hoping that someone could say something
> like, "oh yeah, JBoss does <whatever> at about that time", and I'd have a
> place to go to try to make a temporary workaround in the JBoss code.  It
> could be that the JVM is doing something itself, but if so, it's still
> related somehow to JBoss (or Tomcat, I suppose), since we have other Java
> programs that run longer than 395 minutes.

Ok, I'll make a more helpful effort than "fix JVM".

When the JVM crashes, does it dump stacktraces for the running threads?  I've
seen many JVMs do this, and it might give you a clue as to what's going on
at the time.

You could also try taking thread dumps (kill -3) up until the time when it
crashes.

Toby.