Okay... Starting the design on my first ever EJB/JBoss project. It's only
going to be accessible via the Web...

I want to make sure I make an educated decision on the design.

This is what I'm thinking:

Requests come in via a servlet, which invokes methods on a stateless session
bean that uses CMP entities to create details objects, which are placed in
the request scope for JSPs to display.

For parts of the site that are transactional, input will be received by the
servlet then fired off to the appropriate stateless session beans and then
to the entities as necessary.

Any major flaws in this generic description? It seems to be similar to what
sites like TheServerSide.com have implemented but since I've never done this
before, I may be misunderstanding something basic. It seems like creating
read-only details objects are the best way to push content out to the JSPs
for display. Is there another approach (besides calling entities directly -
this seems way too expensive) that I am ignoring?

Hunter