Hi,

(sorry for this rePost but I think someone should be able to answer this).

For a new project, I need to decide whether its suitable to use session
beans or a servlet/jsp approach is enough.

The java application talks to a legacy C++ application and all the
communication is XML over Https.
There's absolutely no requirement to handle transaction and security in java
app (as all is done from legacy app).

Assuming that scalability, fail-over can also be achieved through a decent
servlet engine. Is there any other advantage of using session-beans (entity
beans are already gone as there's no persistance to handle).

Thanks in advance.

~tahir