Maciek Niedzielski wrote:
Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Alexander Gnauck wrote:
I would like prefer smth which allows multipart
messages with different content types where plain text is always
required. Content types could be plain text, xhtml, rtf etc...
Hmm, there are many issues with email to jabber translation (attached
files etc.). They are not easy to work out, but it would be interesting
to try. :-)

If we want to replace email, maybe copy email's solution?
I can imagine something like this:

<message xmlns:content="....">
  (plain text would still use body element to be backwards compatible)

 <content:part type="text/html">
 </content:part>

 <content:part type="image/png" encoding="base64"
               disposition="inline" filename="x.png">
 </content:part>
</message>

Except that I hate MIME. :-) Better, I think, for the sending domain to store the attachment (WebDAV anyone?) and for the recipient to retrieve the attachment via a well-defined file transfer method.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation