Dnia 04-01-2007, czw o godzinie 12:59 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre
napisaƂ(a):
> Except that I hate MIME. :-) Better, I think, for the sending domain
> store the attachment (WebDAV anyone?) and for the recipient to
> retrieve
> the attachment via a well-defined file transfer method.

Well... It _was_ proposed already.
Does anyone remember NGMP? Mail2000 inspired, jabber based possible
replacement for SMTP.

More... It was even implemented.
Unfortunately the website, protocol specs and the reference
implementation was taken down from jabberstudio,org after the intrusion
and was never brought back.

Peter was so kind and sent me the old code and stuff.
I could share it if anyone's interested.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka Grp.  http://www.xiaoka.com/