>  Apparently Psi does not know what to do when he receives the
>  message from the pubsub node.

Yes, it does know what to do with pubsub messages: ignore them, unless
they publish to a namespace that is known how to display it in the UI
(tunes, mood, avatar). Adding support for new namespaces easy; knowing
how to display this namespace, however, is not. Personally, I have
always thought that reading RSS feeds/blog posts in an IM client is
like forcing a round peg through a square hole. No matter how much I
like my IM client, there are much better tools for doing this. But
many people disagree.

This opinion on IM clients aside, I think publishing wordpress blogs
to pubsub nodes is cool. Maybe someone should create a dedicated XMPP
client for reading feeds (either web-based or desktop), or add XMPP
support to a good existing RSS reader. I don't really know of anything
better than Google Reader, so it would be very nice to have something
like that in a free version doing XMPP pubsub. A GSOC plugin could
look into the different aspects of reading and publishing (atom) feeds
in general would be worthwile i think.

cheers,
Remko