> On 9. Feb 2020, at 00:53, Chris Kilding <chris+jenk...@chriskilding.com>
> wrote:
>
> there seems to be common ground on solving the *access* problem for users
> that report issues.
>
> If we can get a GitHub connector up and running for Jira, so that any user
> who wants to report an issue can simply sign in with the GitHub account that
> they (in all likelihood) have already got, we can solve the access problem
> and lower the barrier to entry for reporters.
>
> I don’t know the split between how many reporters we lose because they can’t
> (or won’t) make a Jira account vs. how many we lose because they can’t
> navigate Jira once they’re in. But it would be a start.

So far I've never felt like we needed more bugs reported, or features
requested. We collectively suck at responding and fixing anyway. What's the
point of making it easier to have one's issue ignored?

(To be clear: This is not a good situation. But it seems we should fix _that_
first.)

Also, I haven't seen any proof so far for the assumption that everyone has a
GitHub account anyway. That seems like a very OSS developer centric view of the
world.