From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Daily devotions for 03-20-2005:
Devotion: Morning and Evening
Morning Title: Faith is .
Evening Title: Filled At The Table
Do you enjoy this devotional? Send it on to a friend!

Morning: Faith is .
"Strong in faith." --Romans 4:20

Christian, take good care of thy faith; for recollect faith is the only way
whereby thou canst obtain lessings. If we want blessings from God, nothing can
fetch them down but faith.
Prayer cannot draw down answers, from God's throne except it be the earnest
prayer of the man who believes. Faith is the angelic messenger between the soul
and the Lord Jesus in glory. Let that angel be withdrawn, we can neither send
up prayer, nor receive the answers. Faith is the telegraphic wire which links
earth and heaven--on which God's messages of love fly so fast, that before we
call He answers, and while we are yet speaking He hears us. But if that
telegraphic wire of faith be snapped, how can we receive the promise? Am I in
trouble?--I can obtain help for trouble by faith.

Am I beaten about by the enemy?--my soul on her dear Refuge leans by faith. But
take faith
away--in vain I call to God. There is no road betwixt my soul and heaven. In
the deepest
wintertime faith is a road on which the horses of prayer may travel--ay, and
all the better for the biting frost; but blockade the road, and how can we
communicate with the Great King? Faith links me with divinity. Faith clothes me
with the power of God. Faith engages on my side the omnipotence of Jehovah.
Faith ensures every attribute of God in my defence. It helps me to defy the
hosts of hell. It makes me march triumphant over the necks of my enemies. But
without faith how can I receive anything of the Lord? Let not him that
wavereth--who is like a wave of the Sea--expect that he will receive anything
of God! O, then, Christian, watch well thy faith; for with it thou canst win
all things, however poor thou art, but without it thou canst obtain nothing.
"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Evening: Filled At The Table
"And she did eat, and was sufficed, and left."   --Ruth 2:14

Whenever we are privileged to eat of the bread which Jesus gives, we are, like
Ruth, satisfied
with the full and sweet repast. When Jesus is the host no guest goes empty from
the table. Our head is satisfied with the precious truth which Christ reveals;
our heart is content with Jesus, as the altogether lovely object of affection;
our hope is satisfied, for whom have we in heaven but Jesus? and our desire is
satiated, for what can we wish for more than "to know Christ and to be found in
Him"? Jesus fills our conscience till it is at perfect peace; our judgment with
persuasion of the certainty of His teachings; our memory with collections of
what He has done, and our imagination with the prospects of what He is yet to
do. As Ruth was "sufficed, and left," so is it with us. We have had deep
draughts; we have thought that we could take in all of Christ; but when we have
done our best we have had to leave a vast remainder.

We have sat at the table of the Lord's love, and said, "Nothing but the
infinite can ever satisfy
me; I am such a great sinner that I must have infinite merit to wash my sin
away;" but we have had our sin removed, and found that there was merit to
spare; we have had our hunger relieved at the feast of sacred love, and found
that there was a redundance of spiritual meat remaining.
There are certain sweet things in the Word of God which we have not enjoyed
yet, and which we are obliged to leave for awhile; for we are like the
disciples to whom Jesus said, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye
cannot bear them now." Yes, there are graces to which we have not attained;
places of fellowship nearer to Christ which we have not reached; and heights of
communion which our feet have not climbed. At every banquet of love there are
many baskets of fragments left. Let us magnify the liberality of our glorious
Boaz.
Daily devotions for 03-19-2005:
Devotion: Morning and Evening
Morning Title: The Same Family
Evening Title: Immeasurable Love
Do you enjoy this devotional? Send it on to a friend!

Morning: The Same Family
"Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." --Galatians 3:26

The fatherhood of God is common to all his children. Ah! Little-faith, you have
often said, "Oh that I had the courage of Great-heart, that I could wield his
sword and be as valiant as he!
But, alas, I stumble at every straw, and a shadow makes me afraid." List thee,
Little-faith.
Great-heart is God's child, and you are God's child too; and Great-heart is not
one whit more
God's child than you are. Peter and Paul, the highly-favoured apostles, were of
the family of
the Most High; and so are you also; the weak Christian is as much a child of
God as the strong one.

"This cov'nant stands secure,
Though earth's old pillars bow;
The strong, the feeble, and the weak,
Are one in Jesus now."

All the names are in the same family register.
One may have more grace than another, but God our heavenly Father has the same
tender heart towards all. One may do more mighty works, and may bring more
glory to his Father, but he whose name is the least in the kingdom of heaven is
as much the child of God as he who stands among the King's mighty men. Let this
cheer and comfort us, when we draw near to God and say, "Our Father."

Yet, while we are comforted by knowing this, let us not rest contented with
weak faith, but ask, like the Apostles, to have it increased. However feeble
our faith may be, if it be real faith in Christ, we shall reach heaven at last,
but we shall not honour our Master much on our
pilgrimage, neither shall we abound in joy and peace. If then you would live to
Christ's glory,
and be happy in His service, seek to be filled with the spirit of adoption more
and more
completely, till perfect love shall cast out fear.

Evening: Immeasurable Love
"As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you."  --John 15:9

As the Father loves the Son, in the same manner Jesus loves His people. What is
that divine
method? He loved Him without beginning, and thus Jesus loves His members. "I
have loved thee with an everlasting love." You can trace the beginning of human
affection; you can easily find the beginning of your love to Christ, but His
love to us is a stream whose source is hidden in eternity. God the Father loves
Jesus without any change. Christian, take this for your comfort, that there is
no change in Jesus Christ's love to those who rest in Him. Yesterday you were
on Tabor's top, and you said, "He loves me:" to-day you are in the valley of
humiliation, but He loves you still the same.

On the hill Mizar, and among the Hermons, you heard His voice, which spake so
sweetly with the turtle-notes of love; and now on the sea, or even in the sea,
when all His waves and billows go over you, His heart is faithful to His
ancient choice. The Father loves the Son without any end, and thus does the Son
love His people. Saint, thou needest not fear the loosing of the silver cord,
for His love for thee will never cease.
Rest confident that even down to the grave Christ will go with you, and that up
again from it He
will be your guide to the celestial hills.
Moreover, the Father loves the Son without any measure, and the same
immeasurable love the Son bestows upon His chosen ones. The whole heart of
Christ is dedicated to His people. He "loved us and gave Himself for us." His
is a love which passeth knowledge. Ah! we have indeed an immutable Saviour, a
precious Saviour, one who loves without measure, without change, without
beginning, and without end, even as the Father loves Him! There is much food
here for those who know how to digest it. May the Holy Ghost lead us into its
marrow and fatness!