That is a fair comment Saurabh. There are narrow minded people in many places 
and many communities. They try to separate children from playing with each 
other. They do not allow children to enjoy festivals with their neighbours. But 
these things may change with time and travel. I remember friends who used to be 
very upset about inter-religious marriage when we were in college. They never 
attended Diwali functions. But twenty years later I met one of them at the 
Diwali celebrations in the same missionary college (where this lady is now a 
Professor). So I asked- you used to avoid this function when we arranged it in 
this same hall. She said- Now our children all watch Cartoon Network and so 
they keep hearing about Diwali and want to enjoy with their classmates!
  TV is not the best of methods for explaining religious tolerance- but I am 
glad that the children taught their parents about their neighbours. And nobody 
injured anybody else physically, even in the days of thought intolerance
   
  Prabir

Saurabh Abhishek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          People do tend to write little bit harsh about the things they are 
very
passionate about.
Religion is one of such topics.
People even question other people integrity :-) , and assume they are doing
right thing.
Well, as far I am concerned , I do stand by my words. I was born and brought
up in a village
In Jharkhand, and I have written only the things that I have witnessed.
I have never said any religion teaches hatred, but some religion "experts"
do indulge in unfair practices.
This is a fair statement.
I think questioning somebody's integrity and knowledge is certainly breaking
the Godwin's law here.

Peace,
Saurabh.


  .

 
                         

       
---------------------------------
Never miss a thing.   Make Yahoo your homepage.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to