Hello, Chris

A few things to check:

1- Have you pointed to the jmol.php file in your own server?  That is
specified in definition of the "Info" variable of J(S)mol, either in
your own page or in the Jmol2.js file. As far as I know, loading of
binary files relies of that php file and it must be in the same
server for full operation. The default Info points to StOlaf server,
so you need to set it properly.

2- I have also used Apache for running a local webserver, but I think
it may not include PHP. The other I have tested is EasyPHP which
indeed includes a PHP processor in addition to the web server.
In any case, in the end it will be the real online web server which
will have to provide PHP support.