Angel,

Thanks.

On Jan 10, 2014, at 10:28 AM, Angel Herráez <angel.herr...@uah.es> wrote:

> Hello, Chris
>
> A few things to check:
>
> 1- Have you pointed to the jmol.php file in your own server?

No, I hadn’t.

Now my header looks like this

        <script type="text/javascript" src="../../reuse/JSmol.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../../reuse/Jmol.js"></script>
<!--location of renamed Jmol2.js library-->
        <script type="text/javascript">
                var Info = {
                        j2sPath: "../../reuse/j2s”, //location of j2s directory
on my server
                        use: "HTML5",
                        serverURL: "../../reuse/php/jsmol.php” //location of
jsmol.php on my server
                };
        </script>

> That is
> specified in definition of the "Info" variable of J(S)mol, either in
> your own page or in the Jmol2.js file. As far as I know, loading of
> binary files relies of that php file and it must be in the same
> server for full operation. The default Info points to StOlaf server,
> so you need to set it properly.

It took me a little while to find how to set that setting in the “Info”
variable, but eventually I found it in one of the sample files and on the JSmol
wiki here

http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Jmol_JavaScript_Object#JSmol

> 2- I have also used Apache for running a local webserver, but I think
> it may not include PHP. The other I have tested is EasyPHP which
> indeed includes a PHP processor in addition to the web server.
> In any case, in the end it will be the real online web server which
> will have to provide PHP support.

I bought the “Server” app from the Apple app store (I think it was $20), and
there’s a checkbox that says “Enable PHP web applications”. I don’t know if the
server app is just a UI for configuring all the stuff that’s installed with
Mavericks, or if you get more server software when you buy the server app (I
suspect it’s the former). Downloading gzipped files works now, but the first
time a page loads a gzipped file I get the following error message,

"JmolCore.js: synchronous binary file transfer is requested but not available”

but everything loads just fine after that error message is dismissed.

I just tested it on the campus server, and I get the same error the first time
a gzipped file is requested, but the file loads once the dialogue box is
dismissed.

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Learn about Brittle Bone Disease