> It sounds like a contridiction of terms to me - "nonrefundable $100
> deposit"? That's what I don't understand.
>
> Mark

A deposit put down towards a purchase is different from a "rental" deposit
which is only intended to cover possible damage to the rental property in
question.  Kind of like a "good faith" deposit.  It's not a trick...simply a
commitment to attending Jonifest 2002 which considering the amount of time,
effort, and expenses that have been put into it is not that unreasonable to
expect.    I think it's pretty standard procedure for any kind of planned
trip or weekend conference, etc...

Victor

Victor Johnson
http://www.cdbaby.com/victorjohnson

"Velveteen rabbits and moonbeams,
Come when you lay down your head.
While you are sleeping, they kiss you and tell you,
That you are the reason the sun lights the sky."
                                                 Scarlet-V. Johnson