One Hanukah night......one light........one day at a
> time........we WILL change the world.

Peter Paul & Mary do a Hanukah song on the recording of their Holiday
Celebration concert called 'Light One Candle'.  I love what it says
and I think I usually post the lyrics at some time during the season:

Light One Candle
-Peter Yarrow

Light one candle for the Maccabee children
Give thanks that their light didn't die
Light one candle for the pain they endured
When their right to exist was denied
Light one candle for the terrible sacrifice
Justice and freedom demand
Light one candle for the wisdom to know
When the peacemaker's time is at hand

Chorus:
Don't let the light go out
It's lasted for so many years
Don't let the light go out
Let it shine through our love & our tears

Light one candle for the strength that we need
To never become our own foe
Light one candle for those who are suffering
The pain we learned so long ago
Light one candle for all we believe in
That anger not tear us apart
Light one candle to bind us together
With peace and a song in our heart

Chorus

What is the memory we value so highly
That we keep alive in that place?
What's the commitment to those who have died?
We cry out they've not died in vain!
We have come this far with all we believe in
That justice will somehow prevail
This is the verdict, this is the promise
And this is why we will not fail!

Don't let the light go out
It's lasted for so many years
Don't let the light go out
Let it shine through our love & our tears
Don't let the light go out
It's lasted for so many years
Don't let the light go out
Let it shine through our love & our tears
Don't let the light go out
Don't let the light go out

Don't let the light go out!

To all of you that celebrate it, I wish you a blessed Hanukah.  And to
all of the JMDL, may you all continue to be the beacons of light &
hope that you are.

Mark E.