On 4 Jan 2002, at 0:08, mack watson-bush wrote:

> Does it get any
> better than Dianne Wiest?  I find the Academy Awards are just a popularity
> contest, kind of like cheerleader in high school, or which studio spends the
> most money.  Dianne Wiest can act.

I am a really big Woody Allen fan.  Can't help myself and I don't care who he
sleeps with.  It's only fascinating from the standpoint of his own theory of
true artists creating their own moral universe (one of the themes of Bullets
over Broadway and Sweet and Lowdown).

Annie Hall is priceless and Manhattan Murder Mystery makes me laugh every time.

And Dianne Wiest's performances are the main reason why I love some of Woody's
movies - Radio Days, Bullets ("I never play frumps or virgins!"), Hannah and
Her Sisters and even the dreary September.  (Judy Davis in Deconstructing Harry
and Husbands and Wives is another one who has served Woody's films well.)

Dianne actually won well-deserved Academy Awards for her performances in Hannah
and Bullets and was nominated for Parenthood. Love her!

She's wasted on Law & Order, but at least it's work, I guess.

Brenda

n.p. Mos Def - "Umi Says"