I think this is a wonderful idea and great for you to volunteer your time.
I mentioned several weeks ago of a Joni mention in Bentley Little's,The
Association.
p.66....
He sorted through his pile of vinyl and put on an old Joni Mitchell
record,staring out at the view.  There was something about those folkies of
the late sixties/early seventies that complemented nature,that understood
the rural lifestyle.  There was a wistfulness in the music as well,a tinge
of melancholy that somehow bridged the hopes of that era with the reality of
today and subtly pointed the disparity.  This was music that spoke to him.
Of course,Joni Mitchell herself was no longer the Joni Mitchell of those
early albums.  The last time he'd seen her,on VH-1 at one of those charity
concerts,she'd been droning on in a cigarette-ravaged voice,stopping in
midsong to lecture the crowd for not paying close enough attention to her
lyrics.  She'd seemed angry and bitter,a far cry from the open,giggly young
woman captured on the live MILES OF Aisles,and it had been depressing and
dispiriting to realize how much time and people have changed.  With the
music on, his creative energy returned...........
Bob and everyone,has this guy got his facts mixed up?  I can't imagine Joni
lecturing to her fans about paying closer attention to her lyrics.  It
doesn't ring true.  I know this is a piece of fiction, but... get your facts
straight. There is a joni mention in book I read about a year ago, as soon
as I can come up with the title, I'll post it.

Bree