<<Punk musicians were often called "The broom folks" for the fact that
they picked up an instrument that made it's way to them and decided to see
"what they could do with it". >>

This is a pretty good assessment, Nuriel. Her first foray was with the ukelele, which
is pretty easy to play. Then on to guitar and piano, discovering all the way. When she
was in Greece for a year the government prohibited guitar (so she says in an
interview) so she picked up the dulcimer and forged ahead with that. I wish she'd get
to work on the accordion to challenge herself, but I don't think her post-polio
syndrome would allow much accordion exploration.

Bob

NP: Heather Nova, "We Can Work It Out"