Brenda wrote:

> LOL!  Well, she was a pop singer back in the day...so I could easily see
how you
> ended up with the sweet side.

MarkE in Seattle sent me a wonderful compilation of her early sweet side
long ago and didn't stop playing it for weeks - it is something rare.

>  Her instrument was huge.  I saw her live in Boston in 1986 and I was
floored.

I first saw her on some TV show singing about 30 years ago and was totally
floored, too.  Eventually saw her live in a small club in around 1981 -
gawd.

> I hadn't seen anything like it before and haven't seen anything like it
since.

Me, neither.

> I think her being a pianist as well shows in her singing....to me she
sings like a musician
> plays...she sings like THOSE guys played.

I always find it so hard to explain what is so special about her - yes, that
is it.

Kakki