Goodspeed, let's leave it at what?  You didn't SAY anything!  What do YOU
think?  Why did you raise all of these
questions for ME to answer?  :)  C'mon.  You've got a fine head
on your shoulders!  Give it up, girl!  You're old enough to sit with the
grownups.  Speak!  Speak!

Lama

Jenny said,
>> So - this all has me thinking - when is an artist ground
breaking - when an artist truly comes up with something new
or combines influences in a way that has never been done
before?  Specifically - when do you think Joni broke some
ground?  And what was her contribution - lyrical...musical.

For pop/rock music history buffs - or heck for people who
were actually cognizant at the time - how do you see Joni
in the context of popular music?  How about in music in
general? Did she truly become an original right of the
bat with STAS - or was that more a logical, albeit
creative outflow of what was happening around and before her?

I have a zillion other thoughts/questions, but let's leave it at