Susan Guzzi wrote:

Oh you are in soo much trouble Vince! JK!

Even though we are both Chicagoans, and White Sox fans and both dug Alvernia High School girls -
we have never met face to face - YET or that we know of! I was totally making a tongue in cheek
comment and you would know that if we had. And MEN are much more superficial and seek out the
trophy wives and girlfriends.
I don't know about "much more." I have dated straight and I have dated gay and I don't see much of a difference in superficiality in the dating world.
For the rest, I also said: "I am just kidding, but I am making a subtle point too." We are all superficial.

I suppose what in part caught my attention on this was I belong to an Eminem list (imagine that) and the subject of Nathan, Em's half-brother, came up, and there were at least 50 posts from females that came through that said Nathan was "ugly" and ripped his looks, his hair, his face, his build, everything. (I have no idea what he looks like, I decided not to look up a pic.) He did have one fan out there. I posted about superficiality and the respect all people deserve and I got blasted and thrown off the list. I belong to other Em lists, so don't worry for me :-)
But after that experience today of having a bunch of I am guessing young women rip into a guy on his looks and that reminding of plenty of conversations I have had with women about guys looks, and granted that in the gay world it is very superficial and I will never get a date again since I am just so average and 50, I just had to say something!

Forgive me and be as mad at me as you need to be.

Vince