In a message dated 12/10/02 11:08:26 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Did I ever tell you that several times when you were uns*bbed (or lurking?),
>I used your line (with attribution)
>
>"<fill in the blank> makes music very well, indeed.  As well as human being
>are capable of making it."
>
>I think you used it in reference to Louis Armstrong.

I have never uns*bbed; lurking maybe but more likely just unable to keep up
with the voluminous digests. So I dip in and out of the stream from time to
time.

But please feel free to quote me anytime.

>I agree about Joni's current, wabi-like voice acting as the anti-curlique.
>Gees, I was hopin' you weigh in with some comments on TRAVELOGUE.

I need to digest some more, and I need time to formulate my thoughts into
some semblance of coherence. I will say this: there is much about it I like,
but I do understand why some folks don't. I'm even a little ambivalent;
although I basically like it, I could argue either case with conviction.

I'll tell you what, it sure doesn't leave me indifferent, there's a lot to
chew on. And the bottom line is: the original versions haven't disappeared
... this is something else, so I'm not concerned with issues of surpassing or
improving.

-Fred