Kate wrote:

> YES! that is what it reminds me of so much! (was the fantasia music by
> stravinksy?) such sweet memories of that film...by today's standards it
> probably seems lightweight but back then...wow!

I just looked it up - the music is very wow and uses some of Joni's
favorites!  No wonder ;-)  From allmovie.com:

"Fantasia, Walt Disney's animated masterpiece of the 1940s, grew from a
short-subject cartoon picturization of the Paul Dukas musical piece The
Sorcerer's Apprentice. Mickey Mouse was starred in this eight-minute effort,
while the orchestra was under the direction of Leopold Stokowski. Disney and
Stokowski eventually decided that the notion of marrying classical music
with animation was too good to confine to a mere short subject; thus the
notion was expanded into a two-hour feature, incorporating seven musical
selections and a bridging narration by music critic Deems Taylor. The first
piece, Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor", was used to underscore a
series of abstract images. The next selection, Tschiakovsky's "Nutcracker
Suite", is "performed" by dancing wood-sprites, mushrooms, flowers,
goldfish, thistles, milkweeds and "frost fairies". The Mickey Mouse version
of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" is next, followed by Stravinsky's "Rite of
Spring", which serves as leitmotif for the story of the creation of the
world, replete with dinosaurs and volcanoes. After a brief jam session
involving the live-action musicians, we are treated to Beethoven's
"Pastorale Symphony", enacted against a Greek-mythology tapestry by
centaurs, unicorns, cupids and a besotted Bacchus. Ponchielli's "Dance of
the Hours" is performed by a Corps de Ballet consisting of hippos, ostriches
and alligators. The program comes to a conclusion with a fearsome
visualization of Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain", dominated by the
black god Tchernobog (referred to in the pencil tests as "Yensid", which is
guess-what spelled backwards); this study of the "sacred and profane" segues
into a reverent rendition of Schubert's "Ave Maria". Originally, Debussy's
"Clair de Lune" was part of the film, but was cut from the final release
print; also cut, due to budgetary considerations, was Disney's intention of
issuing an annual "update" of Fantasia, with new musical highlights and
animated sequences. A box-office disappointment upon its first release (due
partly to Disney's notion of releasing the film in an early
stereophonic-sound process which few theatres could accommodate), Fantasia
eventually recouped its cost in its many reissues."