In a message dated 1/11/2003 6:06:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Anyone else care to suggest their funniest lines from films?

I'll toss in a couple:

1. Hard to pick just one from "Arthur" w/Dudley Moore, John Gielgud...but
"may I wash your dick for you, sir" had me howling and crying with laughter.
Of course, the way Gielgud says the line is 90% of the joke.

2. In Walt Disney's "Pinocchio", there's a scene where Pinocchio tells so
many lies to the Blue Fairy consecutively that his nose not only grows, but
branches out, sports a birds' nest, and eggs pop open! When the Blue Fairy
tells to Pinocchio "Perhaps you haven't been telling the truth,
Pinocchio...", Jiminy Cricket jumps in the bird's nest and exclaims:

"PER-HAPS???"

And it is so damn funny I laugh til I cry.

Them's my two for now, and that leaves out Mel Brooks movies.

Bob

NP: Sophie Von Otter, "Baby Plays Around"