Coliin, if god or anyone else knows about (can see) the future, it means the future is determined. If the future is determined, then we have no free will, only the illusion of it.

Following your example, if god has a vcr tape of my life, and he fast-forwards and sees me buying house number 1, it follows that the time I spent looking at house number 2 was time wasted, because all along it was "written" -- already determined -- that house number 1 was the house I would buy. Otherwise god could not have had a tape of me doing that.

Sarah

From: colin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Just because 'God knows everything', would not do away with free will.
He can see ahead and therefore see what happens. Being able to see the
future does not indicate that He controls it.
(the above assumes that God exists and that He does know everything)

simply put, lets say God has a vcr tape of your life. he FF and sees
you buying a house. Just by FF the tape, does mean he made buy the house.