Well, I will admit that for a few years my favourite album was Bat Out Of
Hell - and I knew every word to every song and would sing along - I was a
teenager, what can I say...

Someone mentioned the Osmonds.  I don't know if this counts as shameful, but
in the late 80s One Bad Apple was re-released, and hearing it on the radio I
remember thinking of the prepubescent voice of "Little" Jimmy, "my God, that
kid could sing a bit couldn't he?"

Azeem in London, off to say my secular hail marys...

NP: Mazzy Star - Among My Swan (I don't know if Hope Sandoval is smacked out
whenever she sings, but her voice has this extraordinarily narcotic drag to
it, which makes it sound as if she's about to nod out.)