From my vinyl copy (which I'll bet I'm one of the few who owns):
"The Only Joy in Town ........... Joni Mitchell: Guitar, Oboe, Keyboards, Omnichord, Vocals"

Thanks to everyone who pointed out that the oboe was sampled, and that this was already discussed in a thread some time ago. What the heck is an ominchord?

~Dan

At 08:04 PM 2/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
In a message dated 2/10/2003 7:18:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> It's a small point, but I
> thought that was a really dishonest thing to put in the credits.  Don't
> much
> like the song either!

I'm with you Azeem...I don't have the credits in front of me, but I think it
reads "Fairlight Oboe", like you can switch the keys to imitate whatever
instrument you like. If I was an accomplished oboist I would be Oboe-pissed!
None of her compositions with Klein were much good, and this one doesn't
change my opinion.

Bob