Ron, you say that anti-war is not pro-Saddam, but without a war, he will stay in power, so anyone demonstrating against the method of removal, when no alternative exists, is de facto demonstrating against the removal itself.

I didn't see a single placard during any of the demonstrations condemning Saddam Hussein. I don't recall any mass demos in the West in support of the Iraqi people during the last 30 years of their oppression. Why suddenly demonstrate now when their liberation finally looks possible? The Moslem groups invited to take part in the marches in London were from extremist organizations that are so right wing you normally wouldn't want to associate with them. Ordinary Iraqis and Iraqi democratic opposition groups were not invited, just as they're not invited to any of the anti-war meetings in London. They're silenced in Iraq and ignored by a peace movement that pretends to care about the Iraqi people, yet doesn't even want to hear them speak.

You said Iraqis would probably be worse off if liberated. How could they be worse off?

Sarah