There's a scary article here about Iraq-al Qaeda links http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-ijaz021803.asp

The author says: "The real danger Americans face today is not from Iraq's existing biochemical-weapons cache, but from Saddam's transfer of recipe books and formulas to al Qaeda, and access to the scientists who teach from them, for developing weapons of mass murder on site at its terrorist hideouts around the world. And not just now, but for decades to come."

This is the kind of deniability Saddam practises - hand over the recipes, let others bake the cake.

Kakki, you made a good point about the lawsuits. I hadn't even thought of that. And about the need to protect sources, meaning the administration is fighting the PR war with one hand tied behind its back.

Sarah