Hi Paul,

Thank you, that worked! I don't think enabling the style makes a lot of
sense if one doesn't install the plugin. Most people don't know those
codes. They're specific to a small country and there are 180 of them.

All png files together are 500k. Is it not a problem to include them twice?
This is only for 1 country, what if the datasets become complete for
several hundred countries?

Is there a way in MapCSS to rotate the icon depending on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:direction?

Jo