It seems like I've started to do something which is impossible. Can't move
the png icons giving them an offset and while adding an up arrow (as a
unicode char) next to the sign seems to work, adding a bicycle (as unicode
character) doesn't. Probably because the font I'm using doesn't have that
code point.
Annoyingly, it's unlikely Unicode has characters for some of the icons
which appear on those sub panels. A plug + cable going around a car, for
example.

At Mapillary, they are developing a font which allows to assemble road
signs. https://github.com/mapillary/traffico/blob/master/fontcustom.yml

They call it a webfont, maybe it can't be used on the desktop?

Jo